This is the self-paced version of our Dynamic Mindfulness Foundations course. This introductory training is for anyone interested in learning about Social and Emotional Learning practices that enhance self-control, learning readiness, and prosocial behavior. The Dynamic Mindfulness Foundations training will give you powerful stress management tools that lead to successful outcomes for both you and your students.
Dynamic Mindfulness Foundations is a mindfulness training that focuses on your self-care as the first step in sharing these valuable Transformative Life Skills with students.
In this course, you will gain the skills to incorporate a Dynamic Mindfulness practice into your life. This will provide you with the ability to better manage stress and enjoy a greater well-being.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify personal stressors and coping mechanisms.
- Utilize tools to manage stress and practice better self-control.
- Understand and explain the impact of chronic stress on the brain and behavior.
- Understand the scientific basis of how Dynamic Mindfulness works.
- Describe how Dynamic Mindfulness can help ease the effects of trauma, including secondary trauma.
- Apply trauma-informed instruction to their Dynamic Mindfulness protocol.
- Facilitate a 15-minute Dynamic Mindfulness practice that can be done anytime, anywhere.
- 3 months access to the online course
- Exclusive and indefinite access to the Resource Page. Your go-to page for handouts, practice videos and up to date research.
- Option to add on monthly coaching sessions.
- Each unit is about 1 hour. We recommend completing one unit per week.
- This course is self-directed, so you can do as little or as much as you would like. There are opportunities to reflect, journal and practice.
Upon completion of this course:
- Educators can receive 0.5 unit of Continuing Education from Cal State East Bay.
- Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider Number: 128478.
- There is a separate fee to issue CEUs.